Being Honest to God - the conference talks in print, editor Adrian Alker
This book contains transcripts of the five talks given to the joint PCN Britain and Modern Church conference marking the 50th anniversary of John Robinson’s book, Honest to God. The conference took place in November 2013 at The Hayes, Swanwick. There is an introduction by the editor, Adrian Alker, and with each talk, a series of questions suitable for group discussion as well as personal reflection. As with all Together in Hope publications, for orders of six or more, please contact the PCN office before ordering to receive a 10% discount. firstname.lastname@example.org. The speakers were
- Prof Elaine Graham of Chester University is the Conference Chair and will begin the conference with a talk entitled “Being Honest”.
- Richard Holloway, formerly Bishop of Edinburgh and well known for his writing and broadcasting as well as his work in the arts will give an after dinner talk on the theme “Being Honest about God”.
- Canon Dr Martyn Percy, Principal of Ripon Theological College, Cuddesdon will invite the conference to be Honest about the Church.
- Prof James Crossley, from the Biblical Studies Department of Sheffield University will speak to the title: “Being Honest about Jesus”.
- Simon Barrow, Co-Director of Ekklesia, will encourage discussion on topical ethical themes, with an invitation to be Honest about Ourselves.
This book is now reduced to £2.00 and stocks are limited.