Quakers join launch of Build Back Better campaign
The campaign says let's not go back to normal.Quakers in Britain are pleased to be co-launching Build Back Better, a new campaign for a green and just recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The campaign says let's not go back to normal. Build Back Better brings together a broad range of members including unions, youth campaigns, health workers, green NGOs and faith-based organisations, to campaign for a recovery that protects public services, creates good jobs and tackles inequality and the climate crisis. The campaign is founded on five key principles:
- Secure the health and needs of everyone in the UK now and into the future, irrespective of employment or nationality.
- Protect and invest in public services.
- Rebuild society with a transformative Green New Deal – a plan to decarbonise the economy in a way that tackles inequality and enhances people's lives.
- Invest in people – restructure public and private finance so it supports sectors that nourish society and safeguard the future.
- Build solidarity and community across borders – promote changes that end global power inequalities.