Inter Faith Week 12-19 November 2017
Inter Faith Week provides a focal point, helping to open inter faith activity up to a wider audience so that more and more people are made aware of the importance of this vital work and are able to participate in it.
Why not get involved in Inter Faith Week and share your event via the Inter Faith and PCN websites.
The three aims of Inter Faith Week 2017 are:
- Strengthening good inter faith relations at all levels
- Increasing awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
- Increasing understanding between people of religious and non-religious belief
PCN members and groups are encouraged to take part in Inter Faith Week. The Inter Faith website has a resources section that has information such as a tool kit and ideas for groups. If you are holding an event you can submit the activity so that it will be widely advertised through the Inter Faith website.
Inter Faith Week:
- Highlights the good work done by local faith, inter faith and faith-based groups and organisations
- Draws new people into inter faith learning and cooperation
- Enables greater interaction between people of different backgrounds
- Helps develop integrated and neighbourly communities
- Celebrates diversity and commonality
- Opens new possibilities for partnership
Anyone can take part in Inter Faith Week and hold Inter Faith Week events.
Inter Faith Week is for everyone. Some of the many kinds of organisations who have participated in previous Weeks include:
- faith communities and their places of worship
- community and voluntary groups
- inter faith bodies
- youth groups
- schools and SACREs
- institutions of further and higher education
- local authorities and other public agencies
- sports organisations
- businesses and workplaces
- TV and radio stations
and many others
If you would like your event to be put on the PCN website please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the information.