All are welcome to join us as we start a new series about influential women in Jesus' family history. Today we consider the story of Tamar, who disguised herself as a prostitute to secure an heir for her late husband.
- Start Date:
- Saturday 5th March 2022
- Start Time:
- Zoom (Contact Andy for link)
- 01594 516528
- All of us
If you would like to join us please contact Andy for the link. You can read this remarkable story beforehand in Genesis Chapter 38.
We are asked to consider the following questions
- What shone out from the passage, perhaps that you had not noticed before, or you particularly noticed today?
- Are there any difficulties for you in this story; questions you would want to ask?
- Is there an arrow for you? Something that will change what you think, believe or do coming out of this story?
- What does Tamar bring to the heritage of Jesus' family line?
We suggest you have a Bible to hand for this session. Chose any translation as it will be interesting to see how they compare.
Image: Tamar of Judah by Francesco_Hayez, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons