Thinking Allowed: an insight into progressive christianity
A day in Hove with guest speakers the Rev Dr Roger Ray from Springfield, Missouri, a leading figure in the Emerging Church in America, and the Rev John Churcher a Methodist Church minister offering a radical 'voice from the edge', supporting those on the brink of church life and those who have left owing to their rejection of creeds, doctrines and traditions.
- Start Date: Sunday 13 May 2018
- Start Time: 2:00PM
- Location: Hove Methodist church, Portland Road, Hove BN3 5DR
- Speakers: The Rev Dr Roger Ray and the Rev John Churcher
- Cost: Free, donations welcome (plus please bring something to eat to share for tea)
- Contact: Sue Harrington
- Phone: 07943 401608
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/162036887825165/?active_tab=about
10:30 preaching/speaking at
Hove Methodist church (Roger Ray)
Dorset Gardens Methodist church, Brighton (John Churcher)
Afternoon: at Hove Methodist church
14:00 Sessions include
1. What do progressives mean when we say “God”?
2. Which Jesus do we hold dear?
3. What do we do when we gather as a community?
You are invited to bring something to eat at a shared tea.
All welcome of faith or no faith
See PCN’s national Events tab for other Roger Ray events in Malvern and St Albans