Forum Home » Discussion Forums » General Discussion » Thread

Sunday School

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-10-25

PM

Having recently read through work prepared for a Sunday School I was struck at how far removed it was from my own beliefs.
I’d like to ask fellow PCN people, how would you approach faith in our little ones? Do we go the traditional approach of stories and parables and leave the questioning to the adults?
If not, does anyone know where I can find some progressive resources for children of primary school age?

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-05-01

PM

Hello Catherine,
The only progressive syllabus for children that I’m aware of is produced by the US based ProgressiveChristianity.Org.  Look at http://progressivechristianity.org/childrens-curriculum/ to check it out.  It is rather pricey by European standards.  If you are interested, PCN could see if we can get you a discount on the advertised price.  If you wish to follow it up, please contact us using .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
I think a lot of people would agree with you regarding most of the published materials.  Hopefully, someone else will know of something more local.
Andy

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-10-25

PM

Thanks for that! The next church council meeting we have in November is a finance one so I’ll get in on the agenda to discuss.
We also have very close links with the local primary school so I’ll float the possibility of us going halves!