Forum Home » Discussion Forums » PCN Britain information and feedback » Thread

Membership Survey & Forum Feedback

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

PCN recently launched a membership survey seeking our feedback. The survey process remains open until 31 October 2016 and can also be completed via an online survey.

In parallel with the membership survey, can we provide feedback concerning the forums?

For example, I joined PCN fairly recently, for a trial period of six months. I hope to encourage sufficient activity in the forums that they begin to act as a ‘virtual’ group helping to support other isolated members, as well as established local groups. I have opened a discussion thread on this, in the Network & Neighbourhood section of the Online Cafe.

Can you share your feedback concerning the PCN forums too?

Note: If you have never posted in the forum before, it only requires a simple initial registration using your name, email address, and password.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-10-26

PM

Hello Chris I’ve also joined PCN Britain recently, or rather, I think I’ve joined, because as yet have had no confirmation of that, by post or electronically. But I’m assuming I’m now a member because I know a DD has been set up with my bank for early January.
So, assuming I’m a member, I myself joined because I want to engage with others who understand what’s happening to me at the moment, which feels like nothing less than a faith revolution - I’m literally rewriting what my experience of faith is, and what’s emerging is a rejection of much of orthodox Christianity. I feel I need to check out it out with others.
I live in North Wales, and I see from the local groups list, the nearest is Warrington - too far for me to get to, realistically. Maybe the PCN discussion forums here will work, though I’m not hopeful. Browsing through them, it seems that members are not engaging any more. That’s does not encourage me.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-02-11

PM

Hi Michael

I have responded to your message via email.

Good wishes,
Sarah

Administrator, PCN Britain

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

Hi Michael,

If you’ve paid up, it sounds like you’re an official member to me! I see Sarah, our administrator has replied to your post now. Soon after I joined, I received a welcome pack of current issue of the PCN magazine “Progressive Voices” and a personal letter from the Adrian Alker (Chair). I imagine yours will arrive fairly soon.

You may have similar views to some other members of PCN, although they will need to express those themselves.  Although I joined fairly recently, I followed the organisation for many years through the website and found a consistent questioning of orthodoxy. In the end, I decided to join for six months and see if I could inject some new life into the forum - (see second post).

Before I joined, the forum had almost no activity whatsover. Since then though, I have seen active posting from at least the following members:

Michael J (yourself)
Sarah G (Administrator)
Andy V (Editor)
Catherine de B
Gerald B
Michael W
John C
Nigel B
Richard E
Brian H
Andy L
Nicola P

If you look at the forum viewing statistics, there is also evidence of significant ‘passive’ interest; people read the posts but have yet to contribute to the discussions.

The potential is definitely there but most members probably need more encouragement and support to begin posting.

I am currently liasing with Adrian Alker (Chair) to host an online study group discussing his book ‘Is Radical Church Possible?’ It looks as though that may start in November and could be of real interest for you and many others. By all means log onto the thread and join the group.

Good to meet you.

Chris.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-10-26

PM

Thanks Chris for your encouragement. A possible online study group for the new book sounds interesting so I’m going to buy and read it. Sarah has reassured me about my membership - Thankyou Sarah for your swift response! I think I now need to wade in to one of the threads, and respond to Sarah’s offer to put me in touch with other folk in N Wales.  Best wishes, Mike