Forum Home » Discussion Forums » PCN Britain information and feedback » Thread

Online Café

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

Some forums are designed solely for social conversation or discussing leisure interests - social chat does help people to ‘gel’. If you meet others face-to-face this happens naturally - you chat, discover things you have in common, find out who knows about what, and have a moan together and so on. The same kind of thing can happen among an online group within a forum.

The Café is OPEN!

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-05-01

PM

Hello Logos,
This sounds like a good initiative.  Thank you.  I wonder whether we should give the Online Café its own Forum, rather than leaving it as a thread within the PCN Britain information and feedback forum?
Your earlier thread about how forums can be best used was valuable too. I learned a lot from it. Thank you.

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

Thanks, Andy.
I’ve come across the use of an Online Café or Common Room before and it can work very well. It may help longer-term navigation and maintenance, if the other forums are placed in the top-level. Glad the thread about using the forums was helpful too.

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-05-01

PM

Readers wishing to contribute to the Online Cafe should visit the forum which has now been created, bearing this name. 
Thanks to Logos Ledbury for this suggestion