Violence Divine - Overcoming the Bible’s Betrayal of Its Non-Violent God
An eight-session DVD-based study series from Wild Goose Resource Group in Glasgow. Tonight’s is the 5th in the series, the next sessions are on 16th, 23rd and 30th January
- Start Date: Tuesday 9th January 2018
- Start Time: 7:00PM
- Location: Iona Community, 21 Carlton Court, Glasgow G5 9JP
- Contact: Graham Maule
- Phone: 0141 429 7281.
- Speakers: John Dominic Crossan (on DVD)
- Host: Graham Maule of Wild Goose Resources
- Cost: £25/ £15 concession (suggested donation for all 8 sessions)
- Website: www.wildgoose.scot/weewonderbox
An eight-session DVD-based study series from Wild Goose Resource Group in Glasgow. Tonight’s is the 5th in the series, the next sessions are on 16th, 23rd and 30th JanuaryIona Community, 21 Carlton Court, Glasgow G5 9JP Graham Maule email@example.com false DD/MM/YYYY amUKCtzpuzZiICBvjmDt18702
Is the only path to shalom through a valley of capricious divine bloodshed?
One of the world’s foremost historical Jesus scholars helps the church and its alumni/ae rise above the greatest of Christian treasons: that everlasting peace can only be achieved through the onslaught of divine violence.
Filmed before a live audience in a workshop setting, professor and author John Dominic Crossan summarizes the essence of his bestselling ‘How To Read The Bible And Still Be A Christian: Struggling with divine violence from Genesis to Revelation’ and shows the way forward for those seeking an authentic Christianity for the 21st century.
Violence Divine is an eight-session DVD-based series, which weeWONDERBOX will be running in two halves (@7.00-9.00pm each Tuesday evening in November, and then the same throughout January).
The basic format for each 1.5 hour session includes chapter breaks and discussion questions related to each 40-minute video segment.
- 7th Nov: An Epic Matrix
- 14th Nov: Sin and Escalatory Violence
- 21st Nov: The Heart of the Torah
- 28th Nov: Deuteronomy Rules
- 9th Jan: Undecided Justice
- 16th Jan: Not, Not, Not, Not, Not, NOT the End of the World
- 23rd Jan: The ‘Violentization’ of Jesus
- 30th Jan: Overcoming the Bible’s Betrayal of Its Non-Violent God
Violence Divine is part of the Iona Community & Wild Goose Resource Group’s 2017-18 weeWONDERBOX programme. See the weeWONDERBOX 2017-18 listings page for more information about these.