Religion and Atheism: Beyond the Divide
A panel discussion exploring the clash between the religious and the secular and how to move beyond it. Part of a series called “God and the Good”
- Start Date: Tuesday 10th October 2017
- Start Time: 7:30PM
- Location: Sheffield Cathedral, Church Street, S1 1HA
- Speakers: Dr Anthony Carroll, Dr Julian Baggini, Professor Angie Hobbs, Professor Richard Norman
- Host: Sheffield Cathedral with the University of Sheffield
- Cost: Free
- Website: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/philosophy/research/god-and-good
A panel discussion exploring the clash between the religious and the secular and how to move beyond it. Part of a series called “God and the Good”Sheffield Cathedral, Church Street, S1 1HA false DD/MM/YYYY amUKCtzpuzZiICBvjmDt18702
The book, Religion and Atheism: Beyond the Divide, is a collection of essays from faith-belonging and atheist-affirming writers and academics. The idea came from Brian Pearce, a member of PCN Britain, who has written the Foreword.
On the panel will be the book's co-editors, Anthony Carroll, Senior Lecturer in Philosophy and Theology at Heythrop College and Richard Norman, Emeritus Professor of Moral Philosophy at the University of Kent and Patron of the British Humanist Association. They will be joined by two contributors to the book, Professor Angie Hobbs of Sheffield University and Julian Baggini, founder of The Philosophers' Magazine.
The Cathedral Coffee Shop opens from 6.30pm, serving tea, coffee, wine and light refreshments.